- Purify Bb fragment from plasma samples.
- Separate 10ng purified Bb fragment and 0.5µl of zymosan activated serum and 0,5 µl of control serums on a 10% SDS-PAGE electrophoresis gel for 1h 120 V.
- Activate PVDF membrane with methanol for 15sec and rinse with transfer buffer for 5min. Transfer proteins from the gel to the PVDF membrane using a Mini Trans-Blot cell Tetra Blotting Module (Bio-Rad, 1660827EDU) for 1h at 100V.
- Stain membrane using Ponceau S to verify protein transfer.
- Block the membrane with blocking buffer (1x PBS, 3% BSA, 0.1% Tween) for 30min at RT.
- Incubate membrane with primary mouse anti-complement factor Bb antibody (antibodies-online, ABIN5692886, lot 146096) diluted 1:1000 in working buffer (1x PBS 1% BSA, 0.1% Tween) ON at 4°C.
- Wash membrane 3x for 5min with PBST (1x PBS, 0.1% Tween).
- Incubate membrane with secondary goat anti-mouse Immunoglobulins/HRP (Dako, P0447, lot 20058518) diluted 1:1000 in working buffer for 30min at RT.
- Wash membrane 3x for 5min with PBST.
- Reveal protein bands using ClarityTM Western ECL substrate (Bio-Rad, 170-5061, lot 102031078) on a ChemiDoc MP Imaging System (Bio-Rad, 17001402).