MagSi-S COOH 600 beads Bead
- Separation (Sep)
- Superparamagnetic silica particles with a carboxyl modified surface. Intended for carbodiimide coupling chemistry with NH2-containing molecules.
- Attributs du produit
- Coating chemistry: Carboxyl
Bead concentration: 8 - 20 x 10^9 beads/mL
- Magnetic silica beads with activated surface
- Matériel non inclus
- Buffers and Materials (depending on the application)
Magnetic separator for bead separation/collecting
Mixer/vortex to homogenize samples and resuspend beads (depending on the application)
- Bead Ligand
- Carboxyl modified surface
- Bead Matrix
- Magnetic Silica particles
- Bead Size
- 600 nm
MagSi-Tools are surface activated magnetic particles, intended for covalent immobilization of proteins (e.g. antibodies, enzymes), peptides, nucleic acids or other molecules of interest. Different surface modifications and bead sizes allow for choosing the optimal product for the right molecule to be coupled, and for the intended application. Please take into consideration which groups are available on the ligand for coupling, and try to prevent inactivation or hiding the active or exposed site of the ligand.
After coupling the molecule of interest (ligand) is coupled to the magnetic particles, the resulting beads can be used in downstream applications such as:
- Isolating specific target proteins, antibodies, nucleic acids, cells, viruses, etc. (preparative applications)
- Detecting specific target proteins, nucleic acids, cells, viruses, etc. (diagnostic applications)
- Immobilizing enzymes, thereby enhancing stability and minimizing auto-catalysis. Magnetic collection of the particle/enzyme complex allows to remove the enzyme from the reaction, and to reuse it in a new reaction.
- Magnetic beads are an ideal tool for immobilizing molecules (proteins, enzymes, antibodies, peptides, nucleic acids, etc.) on a solid phase, to be used for e.g. detecting, enriching, or cleaving specific target molecules. The easy and efficient collection of beads in magnetic fields allows for easy rinsing and removal of excess reagents and ligand after coupling the ligand molecule, as well as easy use in downstream applications. The use of magnetic beads does not require columns or centrifugation steps, and are therefore ideal in high-throughput and automated applications
Our magnetic beads come in three sizes, 600 nm, 1 µm and 3 µm. 600 nm beads have the advantage of having a larger surface area and the sedimentation time of 600 nm MagSi beads is approximately 4 times slower than that of 1.0 µm beads. This allows longer incubation times without shaking/mixing, and may be important in automated and other high-throughput applications in which shaking/mixing options are often lacking. MagSi beads with a diameter of 3 µm have stronger magnetic properties and will separate approximately 4x faster than 600 nm beads under same conditions: approximate separation time is ≥ 1 minute using a suitable magnet.
- For Research Use only
- 10 mg/mL
- Stored in PBS, 0.05% sodium azide
- Agent conservateur
- Sodium azide
- Précaution d'utilisation
- This product contains sodium azide: a POISONOUS AND HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE which should be handled by trained staff only.
- Conseil sur la manipulation
- Store beads in well closed vial and in upright position to prevent drying of the beads since this makes them more difficult to re-suspend.
Do not freeze the product!
Vortex bead suspension well before use.
If you expect iron interference in downstream applications, we strongly advise you to rinse the beads before usage.
Before using the beads it is important to rinse with water or PBS to remove any components that could interfere with your test.
- 4 °C
- Date de péremption
- 12 months